- Do use your stove as much as possible. The stove represents your ability to maximize your potential. The more often you cook, the easier it will be to take advantage of opportunities for health, wealth and romance.
- Do have a clear view of the entrance while you cook. Not only will you be more relaxed when preparing food, but you'll be better able to spot opportunities in other areas of life.
- If your stove faces the wall, position a mirror so that it reflects the entrance. A shiny kettle on the stove can also do the job, since its reflective surface will alert you to any movement behind you.
- Do keep fresh food out for people to enjoy. Displaying healthy food lets people know that your kitchen is a place to be nourished and nurtured. A bowl of fresh fruit will support your emotional and physical health.
- Do keep one junk drawer in the kitchen. It's perfectly fine to have a drawer devoted to odds and ends in your house, and the kitchen is a sensible place to keep it. Just make sure that your junk drawer is well organized and can open and shut easily. Invest in one of those drawer inserts that has lots of different compartments for string, spare keys, batteries, super glue and whatever else you want to throw in there!
- Do make sure your plumbing is working properly. Leaking pipes and dripping faucets are signs that wealth is being drained from your life.
Don't display knife blades and scissors in the kitchen. The cutting energy of these tools can create conflict and anxiety. Stow knives and scissors in a drawer.
Don't let clutter accumulate in your kitchen. Kitchen clutter can manifest itself in your life as excess weight. If you want to keep the pounds off, get the clutter out of your cabinets, cupboards and drawers. Organize your storage spaces, and keep the counters clear of any equipment that you don't use on a daily basis.
Don't store heavy or bulky items overhead. This will make you feel overwhelmed. If you have to store your pots and pans in an overhead rack, hang the rack in a place where you won't be working or sitting beneath it.
Don't leave water on the stove for long periods of time. This can dampen your passion for life. Empty the kettle when you're done using it.
Don't forget to create a comfortable seating area in your kitchen. The more accommodating your kitchen, the easier it will be for you to get the love and support you need to thrive.
The Number Nine
Since nine is a Feng Shui power number, and oranges symbolize good luck, you can bring good luck energy into the kitchen by placing nine of the biggest, roundest, most perfectly orange oranges you can find in a bowl in the center of the room, on top of the stove (yes, you can move them while you are cooking!), or in the far left corner of the room. Always keep some oranges on hand, so each time you take one from the bowl you can add another to keep the total number at nine. Be sure to use the older oranges first, so none of them rot or dry out; if it's not good to eat, it's not good Feng Shui!
GratitudeThe focus on human health and happiness is emphasized in many ancient cultures, and is a central point in Feng Shui work. Of course, we each have our own ideas of what makes us happy. In the essence, though, it all comes to the same ideals of enjoying good health, good relationships and living your life with a sense of discovery. One of the shortcuts to a happy home is to develop the energy of gratitude, as gratitude and appreciation is the only energy that helps attract more of what you love and are grateful for.
This energy is easy to spot in any environment, as it carries a gentle sense of beauty with it - happy family photos, healthy plants, harmonious colors, comfortable spaces, clean air. Your body will know it right away, as it thrives on the energy of gratefulness and appreciation for the gift and the sacredness of human life. Don't let another day go by without being grateful for the so many things you are blessed with. Make every day a grateful one, it is excellent Feng Shui.